Saturday 14 May 2016

A Knight's Tale: The Unboxing!





Hi folks,

The posts seem to be racking up rather quickly at the moment, which is unusual for me. I also wouldn't usually post an "unboxing" article, as most of the boxes I open have been sitting on the shelf for years before I get to them! This one is special though, so I thought I would share.

Now, I know that Imperial Knights have been out for a while and every man and his dog seems to have one (...or five). I, on the other hand, have been living under a rock and have never seen one up close. So, you will excuse me if I go SQUEEE! just a little about things you are already fully aware of. It was also hinted that there may be something else thrown in the box... let's take a look:


1) 40Kaddict Google AdSense Winner Award



This is getting framed and hung straight up in the man-cave :-) Pictographic evidence of safe delivery of the Knight has been sent as charged. The Emperor protects.


2) Sprues, Glorious Sprues




Honestly, how much tiny detail can you fit on such a large miniature?!  The heads all look very cool, especially the new Warden and Crusader variants, but only one looks like it would fit in with my Iron Snakes. The weapons look terrific, especially that whopping great chainsword. I can see that aesthetic considerations are going to play a large part in how I build this thing, more so than rules. When I presented my 2015/16 To-Do list I wondered which project was going to rail-road me this year and take up all of my time; I think I found it.


3) Instructions




With so many finely detailed parts and moving components, the instructions are vital. Having said that, I already know that some of these are going to be ignored...


4) Proof of Addiction Cards



The next time someone asks "do you play 40K too" at my FLGS, I am whipping one of these out of my wallet. Time to share the love :o)


5) Wound Counters



Not that I'm planning to take any wounds... Seriously though, I don't have a printer at home, so these are brilliant. 


6) A Gretchin in a Pear Tree



Well, Christmas last year was stolen by my dog's eye injury. this more than makes up for it.

Next post I will be taking a very close look at the paint scheme I will be trying and I may even have a little test run of some colours.

See you across the table,

M4cr0


No comments:

Post a Comment